Sunday, February 27, 2011

week 5: 21st-27th


Because of all the snow we got from the weekend, we just worked on our manikins for Monday.  Even with class not being cancelled a lot of people didn’t make it, which I think is why we just worked on our manikins.  Getting to spend an entire day on my manikin was very beneficial.  During class our teacher spent time with us individually to make sure we were making the muscles correctly.  Although she never made her way to me, I was still able to complete our new muscle assignment by staying a little longer after class.  I knew my manikin’s leg muscles were not looking right.  Compared to others, my manikin’s legs were substantially larger.  I decided to leave them instead of scaling them down because I was not sure how exactly they went together, and asking the teacher seemed like a better idea rather than making the muscles look worse.  To my surprise we worked on our manikins all day during our Friday class as well.  This time I was able to talk to the teacher and I was able to figure out what I did wrong and now knew how to fix the muscles.  I have been working on my manikin this weekend to fix its flaws and to complete our new leg muscle assignment, which is adding on the fibularis, soleus, and gastrocnemius.  I still have some questions but I can already see a huge difference in the appearance of my manikin’s muscles.  Sometimes as helpful as our books are I find looking at pictures from Google images particularly useful.  By finding images on the Internet one can see what all the muscles look like when they are together rather than just the individual muscle on its own.  On Wednesday we drew and our teacher went over the muscle assignment that was already given to us Monday for the people who were not able to make it to class.  When drawing we added in the legs, which I was actually excited for because we have spent a lot of time on them because of the many different muscles compared to the muscles we were dealing with before.  It is interesting to be able know what the muscles are doing from working with the manikins and then being able to apply our knowledge when we draw.

2 comments:

  1. It did feel like a lean class on Monday. But it was nice to get the guidance of Amy on our manikens. I felt that it was a fun class period and beneficial to have the support of our peers at our disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, liked working on just the manikens for a day, I finished all of the homework muscles during class and that freed up some spare time during my week. Although I know some students were rather disappointed in that workday, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete