Sunday, March 27, 2011

week 8: 21-27th of March


Back to life drawing after Spring Break!  I found myself pretty frustrated with myself this week.  After just a week of not drawing, I noticed that I my drawing skills have declined.  I found myself having to use my drawing utensil to measure and find angles much more than the week before spring break and my proportions still seemed off.  Because of trying to perfect my proportions, it caused me to be slow.  I am hoping that next week my drawing will get back to where it was so I can concentrate more on the muscles and bones that we learned instead of concentrating on making the proportions of the body look believable.  On Monday we learned about the shoulder girdle, which includes the clavicles (collar bones) and the scapula (shoulder blade).  I really liked learning and drawing the clavicles!  They seem to vary so much in people.  Mine don’t stick out that much, but in some people you can nearly see the whole bone.  Our models clavicle was very visible and in some poses (when the shoulders are more forward) you could see it perfectly.  I never realized how long the clavicle was before looking at the bone on the skeleton and in comparison to the pelvis.  I also didn’t know that it was thicker near the sternum and extends in an s curve narrowing out to meet the acromion process forming the joint for the shoulder.  The scapula was also easy to find on our model and is best described as a triangular shape.  Because of all the snow Tuesday night and Wednesday our class for Wednesday was very laid back.  Those of us that made it to class got to concentrate drawing what we learned Monday.  Friday’s class I found to be difficult.  There was so many muscles that we learned and it was hard for me to apply them to my drawings.  Being that we will just be concentrating on what we learned this week for next week I am hoping that I will be able to understand the human anatomy of the back more clearly.

1 comment:

  1. While spring break was a nice ... well break, it is crazy how fast we can get out of practice. I feel that everyone had a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Then on top learning about the shoulders.

    ReplyDelete